Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Butterfly Sympathy

I've been spending time the last couple of days playing around with a Technique which one of my fellow designers, at Sparkle N Sprinkle, April Williams, had shared last week.  She called it Acetate Resist.  I made a few pieces, using the technique, and decided that this butterfly piece would work well for a sympathy card.

I followed the tutorial and then also stamped the butterfly image in the center, on top of one that was already there, in black Staz-On.  The butterfly image can be found on Set 398 - Brocade Backgrounds. I happened to have the butterfly ribbon in my stash, and I thought it worked in nicely.  The saying is from Sympathy Set 382, which I cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels Nine.

This is how it turned out:



Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember to visit next week (Feb. 9th and 10th) to get in the game with the next Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hop.  We're going to be having a Spring Fling!

8 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Shona! Love the colors - and the technique turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Shona! Love the tech and it looks wonderful in these shades of blue. Thanks for visiting my blog! It always brings a smile to my face to see a comment from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, lovely card - so pretty with the black background and white butterflies. Your take on April's Tuesday Technique is awesome! Such a pretty card. How can it now be pretty? I love butterflies LOL So nice visiting your blog again. huggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! So soft looking.... and love the blue shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, What a striking card. I really love the way this technique looks with your butterflies. I am going to try it out. Can't wait to see my results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I am glad you tried the technique. What wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Shona, I love all of the butterflies on it, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! LOVE the colors and the white butterflies simply pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!