Wednesday, December 14, 2016

HAVE A COOL YULE!

Hi there,

So glad you stopped by today. Can you believe that we are less than two weeks away from the big day? I have no idea where 2016 went! Today, I'd like to share a card that I made, using one of the older Sparkle N Sprinkle sets Gothic Snow: Set 347 and another photo from my yard last winter. So much fun to use your own photos on a Christmas card!


This was a 5" x 7" print, as the stamps are pretty big - especially the sentiment. So I picked out the photo and stamped the snowmen on white cardstock with Versamark and heat embossed with Black Detail. The snowmen were then fussy cut.


Next was to create their background so the glitters and the adhesives came out!


I used the Nuvo Fine Tip Glue Pen for the trees and the finer glitters. I started with Crystal Ice, then applied some Sparkling Snow, Green Iris and Lavender Iris to the various trees.


The snow people were colored with Copics and then their bodies were applied with Brushable Glue and Twinkling Clouds Sparkle N Soft.


The little snow lady's string of lights were "lit up" with Nuvo Glitter Drops, Blue Lagoon, Emerald City and Sherbert Shimmer. While the drops were drying I moved on to the sentiment. From the same set, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark on white glossy cardstock and then heat embossed with Black Detail. I hand cut it out into a fish tail banner and sponged on some Memento Summer Sky. This was attached with Foam Squares.


The snow people were added to the scene with Tear-ific Tape at the bottom and then popped up at the heads with Foam Squares. Dimensional Glue was then brushed on at their feet ....


... and Diamond Dust was then applied.


The card front was layered to black cardstock and then to a white card base to finish.

I'd like to join in the following Challenges with this card:
Aurora Wings Challenge #41 Winter Wonderland
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog #106 A Day in the Snow
Lawnscaping Challenge #143: Let it Snow
Make My Monday Challenge #36: Show me a Snowman
Simon Says Stamp: Let it Snow


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you've enjoyed my share with you today?

Till next time,

Big warm hugs,

Shona

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful great christmascard!!! I love your sparkle!!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love this card and all that 'snow'. This is so pretty and a neat way to incorporate a background!!! Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute and wonderful Christmas card using a photo from your yard. And, you dressed it up so wonderful by adding those snowmen, snow and some color and glitter. That is an amazing look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Shona! Thanks for the great tutorial! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! Shona what a FANTASTIC idea to use a photo and add your stamps to it, with all the fabby glitter, it makes it so very wonderful. I'm going to copy the end result and, hopefully, use it next year. IF we have snow LOL. Have a WONDERFUL Christmas.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card - I love the use of your own photo!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab, I love how you have used a real photo for the background, thank you for joining our Winter Wonderland Challenge at Aurora Wings, Julie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea to use a picture of your backyard as your starting point and make a wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun these snowmen are all glittery and full of sparkle! Pretty snow scene too, looks like here..lol! Pretty neat stamps too, a nice big size!! Have a wonderful holiday my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun idea, Shona! Your yard is a dream!!! I love the original photo - nothing like a background to a card than real life! Those snowmen are a delight! What cuties and they look like they are having grand winter fun! All we have are palm trees, heat and sand - LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow..this is fabulous. Beautiful results on this cleverly created card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely winter card.. and love all the glittery look.. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Aurora Wings Challenge #41.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. and Good Luck at the draw.. xx ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!