Thursday, April 6, 2017

Every Flower

Hi there,

Today I'd like to share another card using both the rubber stamp Corner Garden Stamp Set 842, together with the Digi Bundle Corner Garden #842. I'm having so much fun with this digi bundle!
For my card today I ran off the the framed colored version of the image on to white cardstock. The joy of this digi set - there are black and white images to color yourself or you can take the pre-colored digis, where the work is already done for you! That's what I did here. 
I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and then thought to have them trailing over a trellis. I cut out Spellbinders Basic Lattice die from black cardstock and then daubed it with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse Mother of Pearl. This gave the trellis a wrought iron look. The vines were "placed" temporarily, which I decided my next step.
Sentiment was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Black Detail. This was then cut out with Spellbinders Standard Circles and some Peony Pink Embellishment Mousse was applied to the edge.
The trellis was backed with a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet, mounted to white cardstock and then pieces of mounting  tape were added to the vines to have them pop up.
Cloud Nine was applied to the sticky areas of the trellis. I edged white cardstock base with Nuvo Embellishment Mousses Lilac Lavender and Peony Pink.
Decided it needed more, so stuck down two doilies to the top left and bottom right corners of the edged card with 3/4" Tear-ific Tape behind them. The over lapping edges were trimmed, then I layered the card front  on top of the  base. The sticky areas of the doilies were also applied with Cloud NineSparkling Snow was applied to the flowers and leaves of the vines using the Nuvo Fine Tipped Glue Pen.
I then stamped the little butterflies and two little additional flowers from the Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics. They were then added to the gaps around the trellis with Mounting Tape. I added a little copper wire to the butterflies before sticking them down and that finished my card for today.

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge 117: 3 layers or more
Stinkin' Inkers Challenge #1: showers of Flowers
World Wide Open Design Team: March 15th 2017 Challenge: Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #63: anything Goes
Ike's World Challenges #85: In the Garden
 
Product List:
Spellbinders Standard Circles
Spellbinders Basic Lattice
Copper Wire
2 Doilies
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Hope this has inspired you to try the combination of the digi and rubber stamp sets. I'm really liking the flexibility it offers.
Big hugs,
Shona

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. The flowers are gorgeous against the trellis. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! So gorgeous with those flowers against the trellis and then added to a base card that you also decorated. I love the way you added the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow Wow this looks absolutely fantastic. You have done an amazing job with this stamp and the trellis is just perfect. Great work and a real pleasure to visit your blog and view your talented creation here which is also so wonderfully illustrated on your blog. Thank you so much. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty and colorful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the bright colors!
    Thank you very much for coming
    to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you've done with the floral pre-colored set, and definitely put your own special touches on it. It's SO pretty over the mousse of the trellis, and the design of the card is lovely. Also like the way you've added the doilies to frame corners...very delicate touch. TFS & have a great wkend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous creation. Great attention to detail. Love the your technique on the trellis and your flowers are so bright. Thanks for joining The Stinkin' Inkers "Showers of Flowers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Glorious card, full of Spring colours and flowers, love the trellis background, Fabulous work.
    Faith
    x
    PS Thanks for the lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW I love your beautiful card, you have really done a lot of work to achieve it's effects. It was awesome of you to show how others can create this masterpiece.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Angela DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super amazing - I love the added dimensions of this card and the colours of it give me a huge smile :-D
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, your card is lovely! The flowers remind me of spring and summer ahead and that trellis is amazing! thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at Scrapy Land! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Stinkin Inkers Challenge.

    Tammi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of the trellis! The sparkle from the glitter is so awesome!

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Shona and I love all the gorgeous flowers you have added (the more the better), very, very pretty!! I have to agree that this is a favorite stamp set to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! I'm so glad you are beginning to like using digis :-). It opens up so many new possibilities. Love the wrought iron trellis too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Shona, what a beautiful , lovely Spring card I just love it !!
    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Thanks for submitting with Crazy 4 Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WHOA! You are not only creatively using these digitals, but you are becoming a digital master! I love that I have a new Guru to whom I may ask questions and learn from! Fabulous card - lots of sparkle, dimension and gardeny goodness! Beautiful, Shona! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!